Questions About Renovating Your Home in Dallas?
What is your home remodeling process?
- Blackline Renovations is a design-build firm which means our project delivery method provides homeowners with a single contract throughout all phases of design and construction. Instead of the homeowner identifying and working with a designer and contractor separately (in a traditional design-bid-build scenario), a design-build firm takes on the contractual obligation to complete the remodel from design through construction. Learn more about the valuable benefits of working with a design-build firm. Our unique 5-Step design-build process starts with an initial project meeting, where we discuss your ideas for your home, including functional use of your space, stylistic design preferences, budget, timeline, etc. It ends with a beautifully coordinated remodeling project that finishes on time and on budget. To learn more about our specific 5-step process, click here.
Which areas do you service?
We proudly serve:
- Bluffview, TX 75209
- East White Rock Lake, TX 75218
- Farmers Branch/Hockaday, TX 75244
- Forest Hills, TX 75228
- Highland Park, TX 75205
- Hollywood Heights, TX 75223
- Lake Highlands, TX 75238
- Lower Greenville, TX 75206
- North Dallas, TX 75240
- North Dallas, TX 75254
- Northwest Dallas, TX 75229
- Oak Lawn, TX 75219
- Preston Hollow, TX 75230
- Royal Oaks, TX 75231
- University Park, TX 75225
- Uptown, TX 75204
- West Dallas, TX 75220
- West White Rock Lake, TX 75214
How long have you been in business?
- Chris Black founded Blackline Renovations in 2002. Learn more about the history of Blackline Renovations here!
Do you provide a warranty?
- Yes, every Blackline Renovations project is backed by a limited lifetime warranty for your peace of mind. Learn more about our warranties.
Are you insured?
- Yes, we are fully insured with general liability, worker’s compensation, builder’s risk, and auto liability. Proof of insurance is available upon request.
Do you offer financing?
- Unfortunately, we do not offer financing at this time. However, we will gladly look into this for you if you have a need.
Do I need to hire a separate architect or designer?
- No. Blackline Renovations will handle your entire project from design through construction. The advantage of working with a professional design-build team is that both design and construction expertise is under one roof working together with you and for you throughout the project. You benefit from a cohesive team that works together from the very beginning to bring design ingenuity to your project that fits your design style and budget constraints and minimizes potential risks or costly mistakes.
Do you use subcontractors?
- Yes, Blackline Renovations assigns you a project manager who oversees and schedules all the work to be performed by our subcontracting partners, so you don’t have to.
Do you remodel single-family homes only?
- Yes, due to the unique challenges of multi-family housing units, we have chosen to focus exclusively on remodeling single-family dwellings.
Can I remodel my entire house in phases?
- Time and resources are major factors in a remodel, so each trade is performed at one time throughout the full project.
Does a remodel add value to my house?
- Yes, remodeling will add overall value to your home. However, a high return on investment is not instant. That answer depends on the type of remodel, but generally, the answer is yes. Remodeling your home will add enjoyment, but it can also boost your home’s value over time, particularly the type of remodel. When you refinance your home, for instance, renovations will be taken into account when a property appraiser assesses your home’s current market value. A higher home value means you’ll have more equity, a lower loan-to-value ratio. When you go to sell your home, buyers will want to see a clean, well-kept home with modern updates that’s move-in ready. Plus, if you live in a competitive housing market, your listing might be competing with other upgraded homes for buyers’ attention.
Do you provide (free) bids?
- No, free estimates are more typical for smaller, uncomplicated jobs, such as window replacement. Larger, more elaborate projects, like a full kitchen remodel, require a consultation that costs a nominal fee because it involves us speaking with you by phone, visiting the site and then offering detailed design suggestions based on the visit.