Join Our Team
To be a Blackline Renovations team member is to fully embody our pillars of Communication, Clarity of Process, and Confidence. You are dedicated to providing the highest quality of service for each project and client.
Got what it takes? Apply Now!
Please fill out the form below to apply for a job.
Open Positions with Blackline Renovations
The project manager is responsible for all aspects of the construction process of all assigned projects. They provide management oversight for all phases of construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, materials, and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
The project manager is expected to work on their own and in a team environment. They can develop and track budgets, supervise and coordinate people and materials, plan for and manage multiple projects, improve processes when needed, and communicate clearly and concisely.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Attend Sales-to-Production handoff meetings.
- Create and submit all Requests for Proposal (RFPs) to appropriate subcontractors and suppliers for each project.
- Write all subcontracts for each project.
- Determine accurate quantities for all materials and write all purchase orders for each project.
- Update each project schedule with material lead times and estimated durations quoted by subcontractors.
- Prepare meeting minutes for all contractor/client meetings.
- Schedule and hold all contractor/client meetings including all milestone meetings.
- Coordinate any and all necessary meetings on site with the client(s) in order to maintain the schedule.
- Keep clients appraised of construction progress and address any questions or concerns that arise.
- Maintain an accurate schedule for each project.
- Manage and coordinate subcontractors on each jobsite. Alert all subcontractors in advance of when they need to be on site to start work.
- Ensure all material orders are placed according to the schedule and delivered items are verified, checked for damage, and stored in a safe location until needed.
- Facilitate all inspections needed for permitted projects.
- Document construction progress and any issues that arise throughout the project and upload into respective folders.
- Initiate and complete all change orders for assigned projects including creation, pricing, approval, distribution, and implementation.
- Create Daily Field Reports for all projects.
- Ensure jobsite is kept safe, clean, and organized.
- Ensure all projects are built to the highest quality of construction according to all plans and specifications provided.
- Create, distribute, update, and facilitate the punchlist item(s) for all projects.
- Complete warranty work as requested including scheduling of appropriate subcontractors and ordering/delivery of needed materials.
- Approve and code all invoices and receipts for each project.
- Enter time spent on each project for accurate job cost reports.
- Assist Production Manager with progress billings and monthly reports.
- Must be experienced and knowledgeable in all phases of construction from foundations to trim-out.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Must be able to read architectural and engineering blueprints.
- Experience in supervising multiple construction projects.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience is preferable.
- Experience with project management or database software is preferable.
- Valid drivers license and reliable transportation with the ability to haul some material.
- Able to lift 50 lbs and, occasionally, 100 lbs.
To apply, please fill out the Application Form at the top of the page.
Look what Dallas homeowners are saying about Blackline!
“I used Blackline Renovations for a long overdue remodel of my kitchen, laundry, and living room areas. I had talked to a few companies over the years prior to meeting with Blackline. Having had a bad experience 3 years before, I was reluctant to start the process again. Chris and his team seemed different. They were knowledgeable, organized, and seemed excited about the prospects of turning my 1961 kitchen into something I could enjoy and be proud of. This would turn out to be a down to the studs renovation for approx. 50% of my house. Projects of this scope and duration are never without inconvenience, but it went smoother than anticipated. From design (I only had a general idea of what I wanted; few details), to project management, to execution, I can’t think of anything I would change. The end result is beautiful. The people were great to work with, and the results exceeded my expectations. Chris, Taff, and Jennifer listen and clearly care about the work they do.”
— Glen L.
“Blackline delivered a fabulous renovation of our kitchen and den. From design to plan to execution to cleanup, the whole team went above and beyond. The 8-month project was completed on-time and within budget. The quality of the craftsmanship is excellent. We are extremely pleased with the beautiful new space and would highly recommend Blackline.”
— Stacy C.
“We highly recommend Blackline Renovations. Chris, Taff and Jennifer are true professionals. They are responsive, organized, creative and made our bathroom renovation a seamless process. They went above and beyond. If you are looking to do some renovations look no further. We’re looking forward to working with Blackline again.”
— Elizabeth L.
— Darlene & Bill S.
“Chris and his team were always very professional. The scheduling, design and craftsmanship was exactly what I hoped for. I would not hesitate to use Blackline Renovations again and recommend them to friends and family.”
— Joel B.
“We used Blackline for two separate projects over the span of one year, and are thrilled with the results from both projects! Blackline did a kitchen/bath/laundry room remodel, as well as a back deck construction and we couldn’t be happier with the results. The Blackline team was very communicative, knowledgeable and overall great to work with. Would use and recommend them again.”
— Jaime G.
“Blackline Renovations did an outstanding job on my kitchen and master bed/bath remodel. What set them apart was their attention to detail on every aspect of the project. We would meet at my house on a weekly basis to review what we completed the previous week and what was on the to-do list for the upcoming week. It was very helpful to be consistently informed on the work of the project which kept any surprises to a minimum. The team was extremely professional, knowledgable, and courteous. They went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied with the project all along the way. The quality of work was fantastic. They did not cut corners and kept to the scheduled timeline. I would highly recommend Blackline Renovations.”
“Chris Black and his team took it down to the studs to renovate the kitchen, master closet and new laundry. We also enclosed a porch, refinished the floors throughout, added attic insulation and poured a new driveway for our 1929 cottage. He was great to work with and had excellent weekly communication. We appreciated that he was very well organized and stayed on budget. I highly recommend him and I will use his company again.”
“Blackline Renovations renovated a guest bathroom for our home two years ago. We were and have been very satisfied with their work. Chris Black was professional every step of the way. We were satisfied with keeping to the timeline and budget. I was especially impressed with Blackline’s subcontractors. Everyone did a great job. We would definitely use Chris for future projects and have recommended him to many in our neighborhood.”
— T. S.
“The team has been fantastic and easy to work with. They bring all decisions to me and communicate clearly. The team is always available for concerns and questions. I am constantly updated on the project and workers. Best experience ever!”
— Paige M.
“The completed project looks amazing and could not be any better. Each person we dealt with was very professional, courteous, and they worked with us to make everything as easy as possible. Working with them was super easy and the final product was impeccable.”
“The entire process from initial meeting, design, bid out of costs and actual construction was flawless. We were looking for a turn key contractor and we found it with Chris Black — with the added bonus of very high quality workmanship. We valued Chris’ input on design and construction, his experience gave us confidence. Once we got started, the communication of each phase of the process was detailed, timely. Our quality standards are high — and Chris met each one of them. AND came to the table of with solutions to each problem. We loved that he personally got involved and connected to our project.”
“I’d never lived through a remodeling project, but I’d been warned about it. And in our initial meeting, Chris Black didn’t sugar coat it. He said life would be tough at first, but that I’d love the final product. He was right. We communicated well and often from the initial planning stages, through demolition and construction, and during the final details. Chris gave sound advice, but didn’t flinch when I made unexpected changes. He stayed within his initial cost estimate. The project took longer than expected—but for good reason, and Chris kept me well-informed daily. I love my new kitchen and bath. And while I can’t yet afford my next project, I’ve already talked with Chris about it and look forward to the day it becomes reality. I’ll be a return customer.”
“Chris Black did an excellent job on our garage project. Chris was very professional, attentive to our requests—including the changes we made during the project—and kept us informed on a daily basis of what had happened and what was to come next. Overall, the project went very well, was completed in a timely manner and to our satisfaction. I would recommend him to anyone looking to do new construction or a remodel.”
“Chris Black did an excellent job of keeping me informed of my project at all times. The paperwork was clear and easy to understand. My needs were understood clearly and the end result was exactly what I wanted. I would definitely recommend Chris Black to any of my friends. I love my kitchen… it looks great!”
“I thoroughly enjoyed working with Chris. I felt informed at all stages of the process, and felt as if he truly cared about my satisfaction with the job. Chris was always available to discuss any questions or concerns I had. The process was as painless as I can imagine it could be, and I’m thrilled with the result.”
“I like [Chris Black] a lot, and found his approach quite refreshing. Even more, he followed up consistently and made me feel he wanted the job. I would recommend Chris Black to anyone who would ask. I definitely appreciated all of the efforts that made this a pleasant experience. I hope we will have another opportunity to work together in the future.”
“Chris Black and his team fit the bill for my bathroom remodel. Chris Black was very hands on and kept me informed regularly. He managed his subs accordingly and was very flexible with my decision process and change requests. The project took longer than anticipated, but you can’t rush perfection. I would recommend Chris Black to others seeking professional rebuild/remodel projects.”
“From day one, Chris Black was courteous, fair and professional. They went out of their way to understand what I wanted, then delivered the project early and under budget. I would recommend them to any of my friends or family that are looking for an honest, straightforward and professional contractor.”
“Chris Black was very knowledgeable and professional in all areas of our remodeling. He was open to our ideas, questions, and suggestions and worked very hard to find ways to accommodate any of our special requests. He had a good relationship with all his subcontractors, and I feel that helped make the job go more smoothly and keep us on our timeline. We love our new kitchen, half-bath, and updated ceilings and floors in all downstairs rooms! I will definitely call Chris when I ever need more remodeling work done.”
“Chris Black was thoroughly professional. The project was completed on time, on budget, and with the highest possible quality of professionalism. The few minor problems that were encountered were handled quickly and completely. If I do any building or projects in the future, I’m calling them.”
— A.S. & H.S.
“Strangers coming into your home to rip out walls and fixtures and then to rebuild a large portion of your house is unsettling. But Chris made the process smooth and user friendly. We will have them back for more projects. The quality of the work was excellent and the outcome pleased us no end. They know what they are doing…and they let you in on all the decisions and the step-by-step process. You never feel out of control with them. It was most comfortable working with these guys.”
— J.C. & M.S.
Proudly Serving the Following
Dallas, Texas Neighborhoods
Bluffview, East White Rock Lake, Farmers Branch/Hockaday, Forest Hills, Highland Park, Hollywood Heights, Lake Highlands, Lower Greenville, North Dallas, North Dallas, Northwest Dallas, Oak Lawn, Preston Hollow, Royal Oaks, University Park, Uptown, West Dallas, West White Rock Lake